Administrative Proceedings: Department of Labor Audits, Labor Commissioner Claims, OSHA Appeals, Air Quality Hearings And 132a/S&W Proceedings
At Sagaser, Watkins & Wieland PC, we represent businesses throughout California in state and federal business and employment-related administrative proceedings. Such proceedings and hearings differ from standard mediation, arbitration or litigation proceedings and follow a different set of evidentiary and procedural rules.
As your attorneys, we will explain the roles of various state and federal agencies that have jurisdiction over employment matters. If your business faces allegations of wrongdoing, we will advise and represent you during agency investigations and administrative hearings.
There Is No Need To Go It Alone
Depending on the nature of the allegations, one or more state and federal agencies may investigate the alleged incident. For example, if an employee raises allegations of workplace harassment or discrimination, the federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) or the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DEFH) may oversee investigation and resolution of the dispute in lieu of a private lawsuit. Similarly, the federal Department of Labor and/or the California Department of Labor Standards Enforcement may audit and/or cite your business for wage violations.
Although you may be encouraged to represent yourself during administrative hearings, it is crucial to have experienced legal counsel advising you throughout the process. AtSagaser, Watkins & Wieland PC, we understand the jurisdictions of these government entities and will advise you toward an expeditious resolution.
From air quality hearings to workers’ compensation 132a proceedings, our team of lawyers will work directly with your business to navigate state and federal investigations and administrative proceedings before such agencies as the:
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- Department of Labor (DOL)
- National Labor Relations Board (NLRB)
- Agricultural Labor Relations Board (ALRB)
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
- Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH)
- Department of Labor Standards Enforcement (DLSE) — Labor Commissioner’s Office
- State Office of Administrative Hearings (OAH)
- Industrial Welfare Commission (IWC)
- State Employment Development Department (EDD)
- San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution Control District