BUILDING SUCCESSFUL BUSINESSES
Paul J. Bauer
- Labor and Employment Law 100%
Paul J. Bauer has extensive experience consulting and representing employers in business and employment litigation, including wrongful termination, sexual harassment, wage and hour violations, and many forms of discrimination. He has a proven track record for having lawsuits dismissed prior to trial.
He was named a Northern California Rising Star (2010-2013) by Super Lawyer magazine and received recognition as Northern California Super Lawyer in 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018.
Mr. Bauer advises employers on labor compliance and litigation prevention measures. He trains employers on preventing harassment and other Equal Employment Opportunity issues in the workplace. Bauer has defended private and public employers against employment-related lawsuits before state and federal courts. He served as a policy consultant to former California State Senator Charles S. Poochigian, advising members on legislation affecting employers.
Mr. Bauer serves as the chair of the Fresno Regional Workforce Development Board, is president of the Central California Employment Round Table, and is the past president of Central California SHRM. He is admitted to practice before all trial and appellate courts of the State of California, the United States District Courts in California, and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Mr. Bauer is actively engaged in the community. He has served on the Board of Directors for Valley Crime Stoppers, the Central Valley Business Incubator, the Fresno County Blue Ribbon Business Committee, and Fresno County Bar Association.
- McGeorge School of Law, University of the Pacific, Sacramento, California
- J.D. - 1999
- Honors: Certificate, Government Affairs
- California State University, Fresno
- B.A. - 1996
- Major: Public Administration
- Minor: Economics
- California, 1999
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California, 2002
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 2014
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 2004
- Fresno Regional Workforce Development Board, Chair, 2014 to Present
- Central California Employment Roundtable, President, 2016 to Present
- Central California SHRM, Past President, 2014 to 2015
- Fresno County Bar Association, Director, 2011 to 2013
Current Employment Position
- Northern California Super Lawyer, 2014 - 2018
- Rising Star, Super Lawyer magazine, 2010 - 2013
- Fresno Compact Business-School Partnership Award, 2010
Classes & Seminars
- ADA and EEOC - benefits of physicals, EFA-STM, Emerge Diagnostics, 2017
- "How to conduct a workplace investigation", Fresno Regional WIB, 2016
- "Words and actions matter" Central CA Almond Growers, 2016
- “Workplace violence prevention” eSolutions, Inc., 2016
- “Respect and professionialism in the workplace” City of Fresno, 2015
- “Wage and hour trends” Workforce Connection, 2015
- “Terminations gone bad” Central CA SHRM, 2015
- “Labor union saga” Farm Bureau Federation Annual Meeting, 2014
- Walter Wilhelm Bauer Attorneys At Law, Shareholder, 2010 to 2017
- Dowling Aaron & Keeler, Associate, 2008 to 2010
- Hogan & Klingenberger, Associate, 2006 to 2008
- Jackson Lewis, Associate, 2004 to 2006