BUILDING SUCCESSFUL BUSINESSES
Paul M. Parvanian
- Employment Law
- Business and Commercial Litigation
- Real Estate
- Construction Law
Paul Parvanian's practice includes various aspects of civil litigation, primarily focusing on employment law and business litigation. Mr. Parvanian represents businesses in all aspects of labor relations and employment law matters, including employment discrimination, wrongful termination, harassment, retaliation, labor relations, union matters, the Private Attorneys General Act, class and representative actions, the Department of Fair Employment and Housing, wage and hour matters, and employment contracts and agreements. He also advises businesses regarding human resources matters and compliance with California and Federal employment laws.
In addition to his employment law practice, Mr. Parvanian represents business clients in a variety of transactional and litigation matters, including breach of contract, construction, real estate, landlord- tenant, and agriculture.
Prior to joining Sagaser, Watkins, & Weiland, Mr. Parvanian practiced in the areas of civil litigation and transactional law handling a variety of matters for clients including business and commercial litigation, construction law, real estate law, landlord-tenant issues, agricultural law, lender defense, public agency law, and professional liability defense. He also previously served as a judicial extern for the Honorable Oliver W. Wanger, U.S. District Court Judge for the Eastern District of California.
In addition to practicing law, Mr. Parvanian has served as an adjunct instructor at Fresno City College teaching civil litigation in its paralegal program, and as an adjunct professor at San Joaquin College of Law teaching courses in Secured Transactions and Advanced Legal Research and Writing.
Mr. Parvanian was born and raised in Sanger, California, with a family background in agriculture and farming. He spent time away from the Central San Joaquin Valley attending college and law school, and then returned to the Fresno area to practice law. When not working, Mr. Parvanian enjoys spending time with his wife and four children, as well as playing golf and tennis, participating in community events, and traveling.
- Thomas Jefferson School of Law, San Diego, California
- J.D. - 2006
- Honors: cum laude
- University of California, Santa Barbara, California
- B.A. - 2003
- Major: Political Science
- Minor: English
- California, 2006
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California, 2007
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California, 2020
- Fresno County Bar Association, Present
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers, 2016 to 2020
- Super Lawyers Rising Star
- Martindale Hubbell "AV" Rated Attorney
Current Employment Position
Classes & Seminars
- Civil Litigation, Freson City College, Paralegal Program, 2014 to 2016
- Secured Transactions and Advanced Legal Research and Writing, San Joaquin College of Law, 2017 to 2019
- Speaker: Transfer of Title Issues , National Business Institute , 04/01/2014
- Speaker: California Consumer Claims and How to Respond, Thomson Reuters , 02/01/2016
- Dowling Aaron Incorporated, 2006 to 2013
- Coleman & Horowitt, LLP, 2013 to 2020